Apposite Releases Netropy v1.3
New Version Offers Additional Features and Enhanced Performance for Award-Winning Network Simulator
LOS ANGELES, CA ─ August 22, 2011 ─ Apposite® Technologies, the leader in easy-to-use, enterprise-class network simulation products, today announced the availability of Netropy v1.3, enhancing system performance while adding new packet filtering and network impairment features to its award-winning line of WAN emulation appliances.
Netropy network emulators simulate bandwidth, latency, loss, congestion, and other WAN impairments to test the performance of applications in the lab. With a unique combination of ease-of-use, test lab-level precision, and unmatched pricing, Apposite’s network emulators are widely used by IT managers, network administrators, and application developers around the globe.
Version 1.3 of the Netropy firmware adds many new features and performance enhancements, including:
- Combination Classifier: Netropy’s new, unique, Combination Classifier allows packets to be assigned different network conditions based on any combination of IPv4 or IPv6 address range, VLAN, TCP or UDP port number, MAC address, MPLS label, or any arbitrary packet contents.
- Higher Packet Processing Rates: Maximum packet forwarding rates have been increased to 4 million packets per second for the Netropy N80 model and 17 million pps for the 10G2.
- Longer Latencies: Increased buffering on the Netropy 10G2 allows simulation of longer latencies at high bandwidths.
- Accumulate & Burst: A new network impairment feature allows packets to be held until a configured number of packets have accumulated, then transmitted as a burst.
- Round Robin Queuing: Incoming packets can be directed onto eight separate queues based on the IP Precedence, then pulled from each queue and transmitted in round robin order.
About Apposite Technologies
Apposite Technologies’ award-winning WAN emulation products provide IT professionals with high precision tools for benchmarking the performance of applications across wide area networks. Distinguished by industry-best ease-of-use and unmatched cost-performance, Apposite’s Linktropy and Netropy appliances inform critical decisions impacting bandwidth investment, application deployment, and end-user satisfaction. Apposite’s network emulation products are used by leading enterprises, application and equipment vendors, government and military organization, test labs, and telecommunications carriers around the world.
Apposite Technologies – WAN Emulation Made Easy.Press Contact
(310) 477-9955 x625