Capture, Reproduce, and Amplify Production Traffic in a Controlled Lab Environment
When it comes to traffic generator tools, you want something simple to use that delivers insightful, actionable results. With AppPlayback, you can easily reproduce and amplify your real-world network traffic in a test environment to identify potential pitfalls on your network. AppPlayback effectively emulates clients and servers to quickly validate the performance of network devices.
As a data traffic generator, AppPlayback can amplify a single flow into millions of flows to perform a network load test. It isolates any application flow to replay at scale. Thanks to its ease of use and extensive features, AppPlayback stands out among traffic generator tools.
Validate Performance with Real Production Traffic
Capture production network conditions and convert them to dynamic traffic configurations for fast, easy fault analysis. Emulate clients, servers, and amplify recorded traffic for reliable validation of architectures and devices prior to deployment.
- Record and replay traffic with the same application mixes, protocols, and user behavior as your real production network.
- Stress test network devices at tremendous scale by amplifying a single flow into millions of flows.
- Ensure quality of service of products and quality of experience for customers.
- Validate the performance of network devices like WAN accelerators and SD-WAN gateways.
- Find and eliminate performance bottlenecks on your network before they reach your end user.
- Replicate crashes and bugs to troubleshoot application failures and build fixes faster.
Configure Dynamic Tests with Ease
Connect from anywhere on our modern, browser-based user interface then configure tests in just a few short steps using our wizard driven process or automate testing with RESTful API.
Integrate with Netropy network emulators for a truly end-to-end performance testing solution.
More Traffic Generation Applications
Benchmark the raw packet level performance of networks and devices with classical performance measurements.
Optimize the performance and functionality of application aware devices and systems.
Measure the performance and capacity of DNS servers against a high scale of DNS queries.
Evaluate the session holding capabilities of stateful network devices and servers.
Traffic Generation Use Cases
SD-WAN Evaluation and Optimization
- Evaluate SD-WAN controllers, validate SD-WAN architectures, or perform SD WAN testing and optimization
- Emulate clients, servers, and realistic application traffic.
- Choose from our extensive library of app flows and protocols
- Integrate with Netropy Network Emulators for an end-to-end SD-WAN performance testing solution
Next Generation Firewall Testing
- Validate firewall performance, security, and resiliency
- Replicate real-world application traffic at scale
- Create custom application mixes, then emulate application servers and thousands of simultaneous users
- Ensure that malware is stopped while authorized traffic passes through to its destination
Site-to-Site Application Performance Testing
- Verify application performance between two remote sites
- Validate tools like WAN accelerators with a variety of application mixes and protocols
- Capture and replay live production traffic in a controlled setting
- Emulate both sites and generate the network traffic passing between them at scale
High-Scale Readiness Testing
- Emulate video conference sessions at scale
- Verify the corporate VPN can handle high volumes of traffic
- Generate multi-media traffic to ensure firewalls are set up correctly
- Determine whether routers are prioritizing traffic as designated by your QoS
Network Load Test for Real-World Conditions
Performance bottlenecks are a killer. You need to be able to identify and eliminate potential disasters before they affect your end-users. But a simple dropped packets test or bandwidth stress test alone isn’t enough. You need a data traffic generator that emulates the exact conditions that affect your systems. AppPlayback offers the traffic generator tools that let you capture, amplify and reproduce production traffic for controlled lab testing, allowing you to replay captured traffic again and again. With AppPlayback, you can perform testing at scale, isolating a single traffic flow and amplifying it to up to 1 million flows. You can replicate dynamic network traffic, including a full range of application mixes, user behaviors and protocols. AppPlayback enables accurate packet loss testing by allowing you to simulate packet loss as it occurs in the real world. You can also test configurations with different traffic-load and application distributions, enabling you to duplicate your production network’s traffic characteristics.
Traffic Generator Tools You Can Trust
As an Ethernet or network packet generator, AppPlayback delivers the real-world conditions you need for your laboratory tests. You can use AppPlayback to identify the packet causing a crash as well as the flow direction that causes application failures. AppPlayback offers software load testing tools that can help you pinpoint and eliminate problems before they reach your end-users. It allows you to use what-if scenarios to validate network devices and architectures before release. By easily duplicating crashes and bugs, you can create fixes faster.
With AppPlayback, you get stateful PCAP replay, including sequential or parallel PCAP replay. You can load and replay up to 30,000 PCAPs and use overlay technologies like VLAN, QinQ, VXLAN and NVGRE to encapsulate the payloads from PCAPs. AppPlayback also allows you to use various protocols, packet sizes, Inter Frame Gap (IFG) and Inter Burst Gap (IBG) when you capture and replay traffic. With AppPlayback, you can employ our intuitive, easy-to-use, web-based user interface or take advantage of our RESTful API for automated testing.
Get AppPlayback from Apposite Technologies
Using AppPlayback, you can perform the network load tests that ensure your customers’ quality of experience and your products’ quality of service. As one of four Netropy network traffic generation tools, AppPlayback allows you to recreate the real-world conditions you need in a lab environment. Contact us today to learn how AppPlayback delivers results you can use.